1 pound lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped White Onion, Large
2 cans whole green chili peppers (4 ounce) drained
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups milk
- Add all ingredients in list
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, combine the ground beef and onions and sauté for 5 to 10 minutes, or
until browned; drain excess fat.
- Arrange 1 can of the chile peppers on the bottom of a 7×11 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half the cheese and top with the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle the meat mixture with the remaining cheese, followed by the next can of chili peppers.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, flour and milk, whisking until smooth. Pour this into the baking dish over the chili peppers.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool for about 5 minutes before cutting.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 2557 Calories; 183g Fat (65.3% calories from fat); 164g Protein; 54g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber;
1416mg Cholesterol; 1828mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 21 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 23 Fat.
Internet Address: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/18795/chile-relleno-casserole/