TERMS & CONDITIONS
We will do everything possible to facilitate an enjoyable stay. The Black Bear Manor B&B is privately owned and operated we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. To help ensure you have a very pleasant experience at the Black Bear Manor B&B, we have established the following policies. Please take a few minutes to review these policies, and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- We welcome your children 16 and older.
- We are unable to accommodate pets.
- Bookings within 24 hours of your stay must be made by phone, otherwise we encourage you to make your reservation online.
- All reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card regardless of how the final payment will be made. We accept MC, Visa, Discover, and AmEx credit cards and Black Bear Manor B&B Gift Certificates. We do not accept personal checks.
- If you are redeeming a Black Bear Manor B&B gift certificate, the number must be provided at the time of making your reservation. In the event of a no-show or late cancellation, the gift certificate will be applied and any remaining balance charged to your card. Gift certificates expire five years from the date of issue. Any balance left on the certificates is forfeited if not used by the expiration date and no refunds will be issued. All third-party coupons issued prior to May 2017 will no longer be honored.
- During major local events and weekends, a minimum stay may be required.
- The Black Bear Manor is not responsible for weather conditions, personal emergencies, or schedule changes.
Standard Rate Plan:
- Guarantee Policy: A valid credit card and a refundable deposit equal to 50% of your total stay, with the balance due upon arrival. Guests are responsible for payment in full for all nights reserved, regardless of their actual arrival or departure. Your credit card will be charged upon arrival for the balance due for all room nights reserved regardless of actual arrival or departure. No-shows are responsible for full payment of their entire reservation.
- Cancellation policy: Making a reservation at a bed and breakfast is not the same as making a hotel reservation. Due to our small size, cancellations affect us significantly. Last-minute cancellations make it difficult to re-book rooms. A 14-day cancellation notice is required. If you cancel less than 14 days of your arrival, you will be responsible for the FULL PRICE of the rooms unless we can re-book them. If we re-book your rooms we will refund your deposit, less $30 cancellation fee. If you cancel more than 14 days of your arrival, we will automatically refund your deposit less $30 cancellation fee.
- Guarantee Policy: A valid Credit Card and non-refundable deposit for the full amount of room and tax for the entire reservation is required to confirm your reservation.
- Cancellation policy: This special discounted rate is non-refundable. If you choose to change or cancel this booking you will not be refunded any of the payment.
- Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. (Early or late arrival by special arrangements only, please.)
- Check-out time is 10:30 a.m.
- Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, etc. is available 24 hours.
- 7AM – Fresh hot coffee
- 7:30 AM Large continental breakfast
- 9AM Full Breakfast
- We do our best to accommodate special dietary requests, however, during our busy season, this is not always possible.
Guests, Children and Pets at the Manor:
- We cater to the comfort, privacy and security of our registered guests. Guest visitors are only permitted on the property with prior innkeeper approval. If you would like to have any non-registered guests join you for breakfast there is an additional charge of $20 per person, and advance notice to the innkeeper is required.
- Persons not staying overnight at the Black Bear Manor B&B are not permitted in the house without prior innkeeper approval.
- Our guest rooms, common areas and grounds are for our registered guests only. Booking a reservation for a stay does not entitle a bride or groom (or any booking guest), family and friends to use any guest room or any part of the Black Bear Manor or grounds for bridal party wedding preparations and photographs without the innkeeper’s approval.
- We welcome your children 16 and older. The Black Bear Manor B&B is regarded as a quiet escape and romantic getaway for most of our guests, and we work hard to foster that environment. Therefore, it is not an appropriate place for children under 16.
- We regret that we are not able to accommodate pets.
- The Black Bear Manor B&B does not hold a license to resell alcoholic beverages. Guests may bring their own, but for the safety and comfort of all of our guests, please drink responsibly. There are several establishments to purchase locally as well. The Black Bear Manor B&B and/or employees will not be held responsible for any incidents.
Smoking, e-Cigarettes, Water pipes, Candles, etc.:
- The Black Bear Manor is completely a non-smoking facility, this includes the hotel grounds. A $250 cleaning fee will be charged to the guest’s account should smoking occur anywhere inside the facility. Any charges resulting from deodorizing the property or other smoke related maintenance shall be the financial responsibility of the occupant of said room; this includes but is not limited to false alarms with the Ouray Fire and Police Departments and lost revenue. Furthermore, the act of smoking voids any discount rate and said occupant will be financially responsible for all discounted room revenues.
Damage to hotel property:
- Guests shall keep the Hotel room in a good condition and maintain hygiene and cleanliness. We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of rectifying damage, caused by the deliberate, negligent or reckless act of the guest to the hotel’s property or structure. Should this damage come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guest’s credit / debit card, or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address. We will however make every effort to rectify any damage internally prior to contracting specialists to make the repairs, and therefore will make every effort to keep any costs that the guest would incur to a minimum. Please report all spills and/or damages to the Innkeeper promptly.
Removal of hotel property:
- We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of replacing any items that are removed from the premises by them without consent. The charge will be the full replacement amount of the missing item, including any carriage charges. Should the fact that the item is missing come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guest’s credit/debit card, or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address.
Safety & Security:
- The hotel is not responsible for loss, damage or theft of cash, jewelry or other valuables left unattended in guest rooms.
- Private visits from unregistered persons in hotel guest rooms is not permitted. A maximum of 2 (two) people (unless otherwise noted in reservation and/or room capacity or additional arrangements are made in advance) are permitted to be registered to a room and must provide valid identification. The hotel has the right to request guests and/or third parties, to vacate room or leave the hotel premises, whenever not respecting any article of the hotel’s internal rules, or behaving improperly at the criteria of the hotel management.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
• Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.It won’t affect the user’s experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
• By emailing us
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Do we let third-parties, including ad networks or plug-ins collect PII from children under 13?
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
• Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at BBMInfo@blackbearmanor.com and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
118 6th Ave
Ouray, CO 81427
Last Edited on 1/7/2022